If you love nature so much that you’ve decided to build your house surrounded by trees, you better prepare some tools to keep everything neat. Some trees need some pruning every 3 – 5 years while younger trees typically require pruning every 2 – 3 years depending on kind of trees you have. But others prune their trees once a year and trim twice a year.
Therefore, having your own tool is really handy instead of paying professionals for pruning or trimming your trees. However, using a ladder while holding a chainsaw for higher branches can be really dangerous and troublesome. What you need is a best cordless pole saw.
Check out this list of cordless pole saws that can ease your life:
5 Best Cordless Pole Saws Reviews
Oregon Cordless PS250-E6 Cordless Pole Saw
Trimming and pruning trees don’t have to be the most exhausting job that you have to deal with anymore. As long as you have this Oregon PS250-E6 Cordless Pole Saw by your side together with its complete set of battery and charger, you’re all set. Oregon PS250-E6 Cordless Pole Saw’s motor has a mid-mount design so you don’t have to worry about its superior balance and weight distribution while you’re at work.
Coming from a well-established brand when it comes to indoor and outdoor tools, you are rest assured that this model is user-friendly and ready for the job at all times.
Features and Specifications:
- Branch hook feature enables users like you to remove the limb with a swift move
- Adjustable collar is a key feature that can help you reach higher branches that is 7 up to 10 feet high with just a few adjustments
- The mid-mount motor makes it way easier to reduce the size of your cutting head for hard to reach areas while reducing the end of your pole’s weight
- 2.4 AH battery with a standard charger provides a continuous power supply to your pole saw
- Fast charging battery with no-fade power technology
- Lightweight and easy to control with only 13.5 lbs. weight
- Hassle-free and instant start-up motor
- Longer time of usage with a 40V Max Lithium-ion battery pack
- Its ergonomic design reduces the fatigue of users
- The design of the clamping system can cause issues
- Not enough to cut through thick branches
- Quite expensive compared to its competitors
- Can be a little intimidating for first-time users
Remington RM1035P Ranger Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw
To ensure that you are safe and comfortable while pruning your trees, always go for the best option. When it comes to pruning trees, Remington RM1035P Ranger Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw sure is a deal maker. Not to mention if you want an electric pole saw that can stand on its own even without you holding it. It just makes everything easier to maneuver and clear your path every time you make a perfect cut.
Remington RM1035P Ranger Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw is a fine and versatile tool with an improved handle for better control. From pole saw to “traditional” chainsaw you can cut fallen branches into smaller pieces.
Features and Specifications:
- 2 in 1 pole saw and chainsaw combination allows you to use it as a chainsaw and achieve different kinds of cuts
- Adjustable lower and upper poles with flip and lock clamps allow users like you to keep the bar at your desired length without slipping to its grip
- 10 inches bar and chain extendable up to 15 feet for cutting through higher branches with low kickbacks
- Self-lubricating chain keeps it well-lubricated without pushing any button
- Angled power head can help you avoid pinching when cutting
- Comes with an ideal 8 Amp motor for a long-lasting performance
- Automatic motor oiler and non-slip handle grip for better control
- Branch hook for clearing the branches you cut
- Anti-rotation pole for a stable and safe operation
- Full handle for pole saw and chainsaw combo
- The entire length of the pole saw can be a little hard to handle when extended
- Some chains can’t stay on to cut branches due to either wrong chain or sprocket
Poulan Pro 967044201 Cordless Pole Saw
Just like the previous brands mentioned above, Poulan Pro is indeed a famous one when it comes to handy tools around the house. Poulan Pro 967044201 40V Cordless Pole Saw is quite popular for its longer battery life with 40V. This means that trimming or pruning for hours will never be a problem since you don’t have to stop often just to recharge.
Weighing only 11.8 lbs. taking care of your trees and entire lawn will just take a few hours or less to see an impressive result. This cordless pole saw is an excellent pruner that requires a hassle-free operation.
Features and Specifications:
- Instant start feature makes it one of the best machines with a hassle-free start-up to help you finish your work faster
- Quiet operation is certainly a deal maker since you won’t be disturbing anyone and wearing an ear protection
- Ergonomic design provides superior control and comfort due to its weight and excellent performance
- The self-tension mechanism makes its 8 inches bar and cutting chain easier to adjust without binding nor coming loose
- Automatic oiler motor provides consistent lubrication to the machine even after hours of use
- Long lasting and powerful motor
- 40V Lithium-Ion battery pack for extended hours of use
- Automatic oiling system and oil level indicator
- Instant start-up and user-friendly
- Minimum sound and vibration to reduce fatigue
- Smart handle design for stronger grip and control
- Chain tensioning system can be a little hard to adjust for first timers
- The automatic motor oiler produces leaks sometimes
- Chain oil should be bought separately
- The extension shaft adds weight to the entire pole
GreenWorks G-24 Systems 1400102 Cordless Pole Saw
As an established brand, GreenWorks has successfully made it to the top lists of reliable brands when it comes to indoor and outdoor tools. Thus, GreenWorks G-24 Systems 1400102 Cordless Pole Saw also made it to the lists of the bestselling cordless pole saws on the market. As a matter of fact, GreenWorks G-24 Systems 1400102 Cordless Pole Saw is another advanced model that follows the footsteps of GreenWorks’ former G-Max model.
But unlike the brand’s higher-end model, this model is designed to be on the lighter part from its battery pack power to its actual weight. Its design and weight made it one of the favorites on the market.
Features and Specifications:
- Durable 8 inches bar and chain for trimming branches with ease
- Automatic oiler spreads the oil evenly on the bar and chain to the ensure the long-lasting life of the chain
- Instant start allows users to operate the machine smoothly without a hassle
- Extended pole length up to 11 feet maximum with complete 3 pieces of aluminum shaft
- Fade-free power battery allows better maneuvering without cords to mind
- 2 inches diameter branch capacity to take up to 150 cuts
- Adjustable chain tension system for flexible results
- User-friendly and best for hard to reach areas
- Lightweight and easy to control to get the job done fast
- Smooth and quiet operation
- 24V Lithium-Ion battery is compatible with various indoor and outdoor tools
- Can cover up to the ¼ acre for light duties
- The battery and charger are sold separately
- Can’t be used with other 24V batteries other than G-24 24v batteries
- Not ideal for pruning higher and bigger branches more than 2 inches diameter
Black+Decker LPP120 Cordless Pole Saw
If you are looking for a simple cordless pole saw with so much to give then this Black+Decker LPP120 Cordless Pole Saw might be the product you are looking for. Black+Decker LPP120 Cordless Pole Saw might not be the number one candidate when it comes to power supremacy but it is definitely one of the lightest cordless pole saws on the market.
Weighing only 6.3 lbs. there is no way you will ever have a problem in balancing and distributing its weight while working. This cordless pole saw can be set up faster than other models consisting of only three parts.
Features and Specifications:
- 8 inches bar and cutting chain with Oil bottle for keeping your motor well-lubricated all throughout your work
- An extension shaft can be attached to extend your pole up to 14 feet high for reaching higher branches
- Sturdy blade guard has a capacity to make up to 100 cuts over 1 to ½ in. pine branches
- LBXR battery is best for providing long hours of excellent performance
- LCS20 battery charger for extending your cordless pole saw’s performance
- Adjustable cutting head for getting the right angle
- Super lightweight and easy to operate with enough power
- Powerful motor and 20V Max Lithium-Ion battery
- Operates with minimum sound to avoid disturbing your neighbors
- Comes with an additional extension for higher branches
- Comfortable handle with a better grip
- Requires more work interruptions to recharge its battery more often
- It can be harder to control when extended to its full length especially for first timers
- Available with only two handle adjustments
Why Use a Cordless Pole Saw?
When it comes to keeping your trees neat and healthy, finding the right tool to make your work easier can be really challenging. Not to mention if you have tenacious branches to deal with so going for a pole saw is a very smart move. However, electric pole saw would require you to carry an electric source and a plug to work while gas pole saws can be really heavy to carry. Therefore, the best option for you is a cordless pole saw.
If you use a cordless pole saw, you will be able to move freely and get to the branches you need to deal with without thinking about tripping to your cord or running out of gas. Say goodbye to all those troubles and say hello to an improved and more convenient cordless pole saw. To help you understand better why you should use a cordless pole saw, check out its advantages below:
- Flexible and Accessible – Cordless pole saws can be used for pruning or trimming anywhere you want. You just have to carry it and aim its blade at your target branch to start your work. It also offers different pivoting attributes that you will find handy.
- Eco-Friendly and Energy Efficient – Without using gas and dealing with cords, you can help save our Mother Earth. You also save a lot of time and energy for reaching different areas right away.
- Ease of Use and Maintenance – Cordless pole saws require less to zero maintenance, unlike gas pole saws. This means that it is also easier to use due to its weight and design.
What to Look for in a Cordless Pole Saw
Now that you know why you should use a cordless pole saw, the next thing to do is consider the things that you should look for when buying one. Just like shopping for your favorite bag, clothes, shoes, etc. having a checklist of what to look for helps a lot. This checklist will not only increase your chance of getting the best product there is on the market, but also save time and money. So, read on.
Since cordless pole saws don’t use gas or a cord to connect with a plug, you need to ensure that the battery pack of your cordless pole saw has enough power to do its duty. Most cordless pole saws with rechargeable battery commonly last an hour or longer depending on the type of battery. Lower Amp means less power but longer time for usage while higher Amp means more power but less time for usage. The ideal battery pack is a Lithium-ion battery with 8 Amp.
One of the advantages of a cordless pole saw over corded and gas pole saw is its weight. Thus, ensure that your cordless pole saw is designed to be as lightweight as possible so you can control it better in various directions
- Pivoting Head
Getting the right angle sometimes can strain your back and arms so it’s important that your cordless pole saw’s head is flexible. This way, you can maneuver better in various angles and adjust its head without a hassle.
- Bar Length
Compared to other types of pole saw, cordless pole saws commonly have shorter bar length due to its power and performance limitations. However, it is still designed to prune and trim thin branches with 8 to 10 feet height so look for extendable tubes.
- Cord Lock
If your pole’s bar has an extension, there should be a cord lock as well. This will keep it locked according to your desired height.
Now that we are living in the 21st century, it is important that we are aware of the technology in our surroundings. Everything is evolving around us fast and it’s up to us how we will be able to go with the flow and take advantage of its benefits. With the help of cordless pole saw, you no longer need to exert too much effort on climbing a ladder and straining your arms and back.
You no longer need to lift too heavy cutting tools on top of your roof or ladder to deal prune or trim branches. Everything is so much easier now that you can avail a cordless pole saw at an affordable price!
Continue Reading with Best Manual Pole Saws