One of the most effective, handy and purposeful tools that would make life easy for homeowners willing to cut off thick branches is an electric pole saw. In comparison to an electric chainsaw that does not give you enough reach to slice off branches, an electric pole saw will comes with long poles that make it easier to cut even tall trees. Furthermore, electric pole saws are much safer since these do not require ladders to climb up and do the trimming. By adjusting a telescoping pole as per the user’s requirement, an electric saw simply allows the user to trim off branches at good heights.
Besides, it is light in weight and does not require any maintenance. Moreover, electric pole saws come with powerful motors followed by a trigger for the user’s convenience. Although there are other types of pole saws, an electric pole saw will always be a preference for people who wish to enjoy pruning jobs. If you are, therefore, looking forward to cutting the toughest of branches with no effort, bring home an electric pole saw today.
5 Best Electric Pole Saw Reviews
BLACK+DECKER PP610 6.5-Amp Corded Pole Saw
Forget reaching long heights for cutting branches of trees as here comes an efficient corded pole saw that would make it easier for hard-to-reach limbs. With a powerful motor of 6.5 Ampere, Black+Decker PP6 will let you cut twigs so smoothly. Its 10-inch premium bar further plays a key role in bettering your cutting abilities while its 9.5-inch protracted pole will make way for branches difficult to grasp. Maintenance is not at all a concern since it involves an oiling system that is completely automatic. This would keep you away from worrying about its constant chain lubrication. Light in weight and superb inefficiency, this Black+Decker pole saw is a worthy addition to your existing pruning tools. Features and Specifications:
- Powered by a 6.5 Ampere motor that delivers immense capability to cut logs of all dimensions
- Provided a premium bar and chain of 10 inches that results in superior cutting performance
- Comes with a good quality extended pole of 9.5 inches that makes it easier to reach branches at inaccessible heights
- Features an auto-oiling system along with an inline motor that makes pruning possible
- Weighs only 8 lbs that makes it quite light to carry from one place to another
- Very easy to assemble the pole and takes no effort at all
- Cuts off trees with limbs very efficiently
- Emits no loud sound while cutting branches
- Requires no maintenance
- Very easy to use and involves no complications
- Construction is not that good
- The design could have been better
- Comes out of the package dry and needs a good deal of lubrication
Earthwise CVPS41008 8-Inch 6-Amp Corded Electric 2-in-1 Convertible Chain Saw/Pole Saw
Gone are those days when pole saws used to be quite heavy but with Earthwise CVPS41008, things would look so easy and painless. Light in weight, it comes equipped with an 8-inch Oregon bar and chain that would lend your cutting job a new dimension. With the dual advantage of a handheld chainsaw and a pole saw, this versatile electric saw will ensure complete safety in trimming your yard. An outstanding feature that deserves mention is its 5 setting modes that let you cut twigs from -20 degrees to 60 degrees. Furthermore, its 7-Ampere power motor is just amazing as it proves quite efficient in slicing off the branches with no difficulties.
Features and Specifications:
- Runs on a 7-Ampere motor that delivers enough power to trim off logs with no effort
- Has the versatility to change into a handheld chainsaw from a pole saw
- Equipped with five different settings that can cut off logs ranging between -20 and 60 degrees
- Supported with 10-inch bar and chain that lets the user reach branches at impossible heights
- Comes with a blade cover and shoulder strap that assures safety and convenience
- Automatic bar and chain lubrication minimizes maintenance
- Easy to start with the help of a push button
- Takes no time and effort to assemble the pole
- Light in weight that makes it quite easy to work with
- Very efficient in trimming yards, limbs,and fronds
- Can be easily converted to handheld saw and used for multiple purposes
- Poor construction and quite fragile
- Clutch might burn out after working for 3 to 4 hours
Sun Joe SWJ802E 9 FT 6.5 Amp Electric Pole Chain Saw with Adjustable Head
Technology has been so superior in the world of pruning that several brands have come up with mind-blowing pole saws to consider. Sun Joe SWJ802E is one such example that stands a class apart in trimming off logs and branches like anything. Apart from having multi-position head cuts at varying angles, this electric pole-cum-chain saw has a long extended pole of 9.4 feet along with an 8-inch Oregon bar and chain. Designed to slice off drooping limbs and thin logs, this versatile pole saw is powered with a 6.5 Ampere motor and can, therefore, cut off branches of up to 7.5 inches thick. Worthy to invest in, Sun Joe SWJ802E is just outstanding.
Features and Specifications:
- Operates on the basis of a 6.5 Ampere motor that holds the ability to cut branches of up to 7.5 inches thick
- Comes with an Oregon cutting bar of 8 inches long that involves no problems in reaching tall heights for trimming
- Has a multi-position modifiable head that allows cuts at angles ranging from 0 to 30 degrees
- Owing to its auto-oiling system, the bar and chain remain lubricated during use
- High level of security guaranteed for its built-in safety switch
- Sports a brilliant design that makes it look stylish too
- Extremely easy to install and has no complications in the process
- Can cut 6-inch branches smoothly like anything
- Telescopic handle makes it easier for users to hold and cut
- The possibility of oil leakage from the handle and the pole
- Can cut branches only up to 3 to 4 inches
WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw, 10-Inch
What electric pole saws need is a power-packed motor, and if you are looking for one, WORX WG309 will just meet your purpose. With a whopping 8-Ampere power, this electric pole saw knows what consistent performance is when it comes to cutting off tough branches. To make pruning look effortless, it has been provided a modernized working handle that is rotatable. Being extremely lightweight and compact in design, this 10-inch electric pole saw is a bliss for all those who wish to do their pruning job in a jiffy. With an auto-tension chain system, WORX WG309 will never bother you about its upkeep.
Features and Specifications:
- Performance is just incredible owing to its 8-Ampere motor
- The capacity of its oil tank is 120 ml making it sufficient to boost enough power for operation
- Auto-tension chain system has been provided to improve the durability of the extended bar and chain
- Allows the user to reach up to a height of 10 feet for cutting logs, eliminating the need to use a ladder for climbing
- Light in weight as it weighs around 10 lbs and is quite compact in design
- Can be detached and used as a chainsaw that would accomplish multiple jobs around the yard
- Light in weight that takes no effort to carry from one place to another
- Compact in shape and therefore quite easy to store
- Very powerful motor that assures a consistent performance
- The working handle can be rotated making pruning easier
- Safety locking mechanism does not work properly
- Oil leak can happen after a certain duration of usage
Remington RM1025SPS Ranger 10-Inch 8-Amp Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw Combo
High on versatility and immense in power, Remington RM1025SPS will now make limb trimming done in style. Featuring a 2-in-1 detachable advantage, this multi-purpose pole saw is powered by an 8-Ampere motor that will cut off tree branches with precision. What makes it user-friendly is its lock clamps, easy flip,and non-slip grip. In fact, no tools will be required in order to detach the chainsaw from the pole. What makes it powerful is its potential to cut branches overhead at 10 to 15 feet. Supported with a 10-inch bar and chain, Remington RM1025SPS will no doubt be a smart inclusion to your line of toolkits.
Features and Specifications:
- Runs on an electric motor of 8 Ampere resulting in an unmatched performance
- Pole saw is detachable and can be switched into a handy chainsaw for multiple uses
- Holds the ability to cut off overhead branches ranging between 10 and 15 feet
- With lock clamps and easy flip, it becomes safe to use
- Grip is excellent as it ensures a non-slip surface
- Light in weight and can be carried with no strain on hands
- Sturdy construction as the pole is made of good quality aluminum
- Compact in size as it has dimensions of 39.8 x 8.4 x 9.2 inches
- Very light to weigh that makes pruning jobs easy
- Does not make a loud sound while cutting out logs
- Cuts off thick branches well and without any effort
- Power delivered is quite impressive
- Blade has a tension adjustment
- Might clog if normal chain oil is used for lubrication
- Poor construction that sometimes jams the trigger
What to Look for When Buying an Electric Pole Saw?
According to many homeowners, pruning involves a good deal of fun. The sooner you get rid of all those unnecessary trunks falling on your property, the better it looks. In fact, some would say that they don’t mind spending quality time behind hand pruning. But what about putting that extra pressure in cutting off thick branches? Of course, if you end up putting too much strain in your hands, you won’t enjoy long and would rather avoid such strenuous work the next time. So, why make life so hard when there are electric pole saws?
If you own a small backyard, you will love using an electric pole saw. It is such a quality device that holds the ability to slice off branches so smoothly. No matter how tough or thick the branches are, an electric pole saw will chop them off in seconds. Users will neither find it complicated while using such a tool as it simply needs an electrical socket. However, there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to choosing a good electric pole saw. Once you know these, you can get confident and proceed towards investing in a branded one.
So, here are a few of those key considerations that will let you choose a quality electric pole saw. Have a look:
- How efficiently can it trim the branches
Since the size of branches matters a lot, you need to ensure that you have got the right saw. With an electric pole saw, you can slice off hardwood branches up to four or five inches across. Therefore, what is important is choosing such a saw that comes equipped with a very powerful motor that can trim off branches of wider diameter.
- How light is the device
The lighter an electric pole saw, the easier it is to use. Heavy-weight electric saws leave high chances of causing backaches. So, even if you put a bit of your strength while working with a lightweight electric pole saw, you will not find it much challenging.
- How easily it can be maintained
The good news about electric pole saws is that these hardly require maintenance. Just make sure that the chain is lubricated and kept at the right tension. Moreover, if the electric cables are checked regularly, users will never face problems maintaining it.
So, you see that choosing an electric pole saw is not at all a big task if you can keep these factors in mind. Keep a track of your budget as well as other requirements and pick a good one for future use
Now you can see why an electric pole saw is worth every penny when it comes to cutting branches of trees. With this amazing tool, you get so many advantages like reaching tall tree branches, requiring no ladder, putting no strain on hands for the trimming job, caring hardly for its maintenance and so on. If you have a specific budget in mind and you know what type of branches you need to trim off for making your yard look clean, choose the type of electric pole saw accordingly. Do some good research, invest wisely and pull out the best model that meets your requirements.
Continue Reading with Gas Powered Pole Saw