Ever since pole saw has been introduced on the market, people have started to patronage it due to the outstanding benefits it offers. Though there are different kinds of pole saws on the market, many people still prefer to buy tools that are manually operated like manual pole saws. Unlike gas pole saws and electric pole saws, you don’t need to spend money on fuel, electricity, or batteries to be able to use your pole saw.
All you have to do is lift your manual pole saw and control it manually without thinking about extra expenses to power it up. So, check out these best manual pole saws that are available now:
Comparison Chart of 5 Most Suitable Manual Pole Saws
|HAYAUCHI 3-Ext. Polesaw 6.3m (21')||7.23 Pounds||248 x 9.5 x 2 inches||9.4/10||Check Reviews and Price on Amazon|
|Fiskars 8-16 Foot Power Lever Extendable Tree Pruner||5.95 Pounds||3 x 7.5 x 81.5 inches||9.2/10||Check Reviews and Price on Amazon|
|https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004TBMV/?tag=polesawjudge-20||4.34 pounds||3.2 x 7.2 x 90.5 inches||9/10||Check Reviews and Price on Amazon|
|Silky Telescoping Pole Saw Hayate 420 20-Feet 372-42, US version||8.66 pounds||48 x 4 x 5 inches||8.7/10||Check Reviews and Price on Amazon|
|KATANABOY 500mm Folding Saw||2.8 pounds||46.3 x 4.3 x 1.2 inches||8/10||Check Reviews and Price on Amazon|
5 Best Manual Pole Saws Reviews
Silky Hayauchi New Professional Series 179-39
One of the longest manual pole saw on the market today is Silky Hayauchi New Professional Series 179-39. Thanks to its 3 segment parts, this excellent pruner measures up to 21 feet in full length once assembled. Thus, there is no way you will ever need to climb your roof or ladder once you buy this manual pole saw.
Together with Silky 4-RETSUME with four rows of teeth technology, you can easily reach the highest branches that are up to 26 feet. Despite its full length, this 4-section manual pole saw is still lightweight and easy to maneuver right where you need it.
Features and Specifications:
- 3-section telescopic aluminum pole saw with 4-section Silky 4-RETSUME four rows of teeth blade technology
- 21 feet long pole can be extended up to 26 feet once fully assembled
- As lightweight as 6.9 pounds only
- Detachable saw head can be removed easily without using any tool
- Aluminum poles are made from the ultimate combination of lightweight and durable material
- Sharpened hook tip is best for pulling suckers and hangers that are stuck in the tree while maintaining the blade’s full strokes
- Customized scabbard keeps the blade covered and protected when not in use
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver even in its full length
- One of the longest manual pole saws on the market once assembled
- Includes a Silky 4-RETSUME blade with 4 rows of teeth
- Perfect for achieving a professional result for vine pruning
- Does not come with a wide range of pole attachments
- Too pricey compared with other brands and models
- Takes more time to set up
Fiskars Power Lever Extendable Tree Pruner
With manual pole saws like Fiskars Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner, pruning has never been this easy, especially when reaching higher branches. This manual pole saw is specifically designed for the kind of work that you love doing. Fiskars Power Lever Extendable Tree Pruner is one of the most solid manual pole saws that can be extended from 8 feet to 16 feet.
Thus, its length is perfect for reaching high branches at various angles without spending too much. With a high-quality blade and pole, it is easier to cut through branches compared with the traditional pruning tools. This pole saw from Fiskars is definitely not on the flimsy side.
Features and Specifications:
- Ergonomic design best for beginners and professional tree pruners and trimmers
- Great level of reach with up to 16 feet for pruning high branches
- Power-Lever Technology provides additional cutting power to the pole saw which 2x better over other traditional pruning tools
- High-grade pole saw steel blade with Teflon coating
- Detachable 15 inches blade perfect for cutting through thick branches and used as a handheld saw for cutting fallen branches
- Durable pole saw built with a comfort grip for better maneuverability despite its full length
- 1 1/8 inches diameter cutting capacity for pruning
- Durable pole with comfort grip handle
- Lightweight and extendable pole saw
- Simple to use pruner at an affordable price
- Easy to adjust pole length in different sizes
- Secure pole lock with a quick release thumb lock to avoid many hassles
- The design is meant to be operated with a rope drive
- The pole lock design can be an issue for some
Fiskars Foot Extendable Pruning Stik Tree Pruner
When all you need is a smart pruner to rely on all the time, Fiskars Foot Extendable Pruning Stik Tree Pruner might be the pole saw you are looking for. This manual pole saw is one of the most functional and practical tools for pruning and trimming trees with 15 inches WoodZig saw blade. Fiskars Foot Extendable Pruning Stik Tree Pruner measures 7.9 feet and can be extended up to 12 feet for cutting tall branches.
With a versatile design, this manual pole saw became popular for its full cutting capacity of more than 1 – ¼ diameter. It doesn’t use ropes too which is more convenient.
Features and Specifications:
- Snag and tangle-free maneuvering leads to less mess
- A rope-free versatile design which provides a more efficient work without being tangled with leaves and branches
- Actuating ball at the end of the pole saw extends the pole’s reach
- 1-1/4 inches diameter for a maximum cutting capacity with a special pruning blade
- Fully hardened 15 inches WoodZig saw blade specifically made for cutting through thick branches
- Non-stick coating helps the pole saw to last longer without being covered and damaged by rust
- Power stroke chain-drive gear gives the pole saw a maximum cutting performance
- Two-handed control for hassle-free maneuvering
- Lightweight and easy to carry for transport
- Unique lopper design and rotating cutting head
- Ideal for cutting branches like a pro
- Non-stick and rust-proof coating to last for years
- Made from reliable materials yet affordable to customers
- Too short for reaching higher branches
- Not that ideal for heavy-duty work
- Poor construction may cause the pole saw to break down easily
Silky Hayate 420 Telescoping Pole Saw 372-42
Just like the previous model from Silky, Silky Hayate 420 Telescoping Pole Saw 372-42 is also a top-notch tool when it comes to the great manual pole saws. In fact, this manual pole saw is popular for its tough features especially its blade. Thus, you can expect that you will be able to accomplish your work with a professional look.
Unlike other pole saws, this manually operated pole saw does not make annoying noise nor require any fuel to be powered up. With all its smart features your stamina is your only limit after cutting 4-5 inches branches like a butter.
Features and Specifications:
- 3-section extension and 4-pole telescopic saw that can be extended up to 20 feet for reaching branches on higher levels
- The extension ranges from 7.9 feet to 20 feet, and a maximum cutting reach of 25 feet once fully assembled
- Advanced pole lock system and highly-engineered oval handle for better grip and control
- 420 mm blade length with 5.5 teeth per inch for cutting thicker branches with precise longer strokes
- Up to 8.3 diameter maximum cutting capacity
- Taper ground blade lessens the drag of the pole and provides more power on the cutting edge
- Well-thought design to last for years without rust
- Best for pruning trees with higher branches
- Versatile cutting angles for better pruning results
- Double locking mechanism keeps the pole in its needed level of reach
- One of the toughest pole saws with a telescopic system
- Can be a little hard to operate when extended in its full length
- The pole clumps may cause injuries when dysfunctions
Silky New Professional Series KatanaBoy Folding Saw
If you are looking for reinforcement or an efficient manually operated tool that can help you cut low branches easily, Silky New Professional Series KatanaBoy Folding Saw is a perfect fit. Known as the best “man-powered” chainsaw made by Silky, this KatanaBoy Folding Saw is definitely a bad boy.
As a matter of fact, Silky New Professional Series KatanaBoy Folding Saw is one of the top manual saws with the longest blade and reach. But unlike other manual saws, you can re-sharpen its blade instead of replacing it. With huge cutting capacity and smart features, you can finish your work faster.
Features and Specifications:
- The two-handed control provides a better maneuverability to cut in various angles
- 19.7 inches blade has a maximum of 10 inches cutting capacity to take
- Shoulder carrying case made from tough nylon holds the folding saw for a safer and easier transportation
- Durable taper-ground cutting blade made from Premium Proprietary Japanese steel – a flexible blade with heavy-duty teeth
- Non-slip handle added with rubberized grip
- Convenient design perfect for bringing on trail building, horseback, motorcycle, and ATVing
- Security screw prevents the blade from closing or opening accidentally
- Versatile blade suitable for trimming, pruning, lawn and garden, and construction
- Comfortable grip better maneuverability on various angles
- Cost-effective and lightweight
- The blade can be re-sharpen for more efficient cutting results
- Balanced weight from the handle to its long blade
- High-quality case for transporting and keeping it safe when not in use
- Too pricey for compared with other folding saws
- Limited to cutting fallen and lower branches only
- The blade needs to be re-sharpen regularly
How to Choose the Best Manual Pole Saw?
If you think your job is already done once you choose to buy a manual pole saw, think again. Just like anything, there are some things to consider when it comes to choosing the good manual pole saw. So, take a look at these tips below:
Manual pole saws can be extended in various ways since some join segments of extension bar while others can be shifted outward. However, it doesn’t really matter which way is better since your pole’s length is more important once it is fully extended. Some manual pole saws can be shorter than 4 feet so be sure to get one that can reach the highest branches you want to cut in your trees.
Since you will be controlling your manual pole saw with your both hands, be sure to get one that is lightweight. This way, it will be easier for you to maneuver it and feel less fatigue after hours of using it. Take note if the pole is made from fiberglass or aluminum to ensure that it’s durable yet lightweight.
The blade is the most important part of your manual pole saw since it will be the one that does the cutting. Thus, it should be made from high-grade metal to do its job efficiently. High carbon SK5 steel is the most common metal that is used as the blade for manual pole saws. If your chosen manual pole saw has a different metal blade, be sure that is high-quality and rust-proof.
Why Buy A Manual Pole Saw?
When it comes to pruning and trimming trees, manual pole saws aren’t always the primary tools that pop into other people’s mind. This is because there are tons of tools to choose from on the market and most people tend to become too overwhelmed by the number of choices. Nevertheless, here are the top reasons why you should buy a manual pole saw:
Though some people are used to operating a chainsaw while standing on a ladder or roof, it is really unsafe for anyone to do that. As primitive as it sounds, it is really common for people who don’t have enough knowledge when it comes to the latest technology out on the market.
What others don’t know is that manual pole saws are safer to use as you would just be standing on the ground. You don’t even have to carry a heavy chainsaw anymore as you move around to finish your work. Manual pole saws are way easier and less scary to operate. Whatever is the length of your pole saw, you don’t have to risk your life anymore just to maintain the looks of your trees.
- More Convenient
Since there are lots of manual pole saws on the market today, you no longer need to spend more on hiring professionals. You can easily buy your own manual pole saw and use it anytime you want without additional cost for fuel, electricity, or batteries.
We all know that hiring professional landscapers means all you have to do is sit down and then pay for their service. However, their services cost a lot especially if you need their service more than once every year. But if you buy a manual pole saw, you only have to pay once and use it for as long as you need it which is more cost-efficient.
If you are looking for the best cost-efficient tool that can help you maintain the beauty and health of your trees, then you should get a manual pole saw. Manual pole saws are popular for being reliable when it comes to getting rid of high branches regardless of its height. Thus, you can say goodbye to using a ladder and a heavy chainsaw which always strain your arms and back. Since there are thousands of manual pole saws available on the market today, keeping this guide in your pocket can help you a lot to save time and money for searching.
Continue Reading With Cordless Pole Saw